2010 - 2009
A recent paper by Ann and Anurag (Nielsen et al) was selected by the editor of Biology letters as one of the five most interesting papers published in the journal for 2010. Jim was also given the award for best paper in the 2009 volume of The Coleopterists Bulletin. That paper is titled " Alien and native Carabidae (Coleoptera) share Lanai, an ecologically devastated island." Congratulations Ann, Anurag and Jim!!
ESA Award Winners
- Five Cornellians won awards for their presentations at ESA this year: Mia Park, Sam Ramsey, Sarah Braun, Doo Hyung Lee, and Eric Van Fleet. Congratulations to Mia, Sam, Sarah, Doo Hyung and Eric!!
- Congratulations to Erin Morris, who received second place for her oral presentation at the annual Society for Invertebrate Pathology meeting in Trabzon, Turkey this past week. The presentation was titled 'Development time and survivorship of Deladenus siricidicola (Tylenchida: Neotylenchidae) on different strains of Amylostereum areolatum (Russulales: Stereaceae)'.
- Congratulations to Eric Yip for being awarded the Liu Memorial Award.
Entomological Society of America - Recent Award Winner
- James Liebherr received the Entomological Society of America (ESA) Distinguished Achievement Award in Teaching for the Eastern Branch at the banquet for the yearly conference in Annapolis on 2/7/10. Congratulations Jim!
Recent Awards Winners at ESA
- Sarah Braun: ESA President's prize winner for her talk
- Geroge Lin: ESA President's prize winner for her talk
- Erik Smith: ESA President's prize winner for his talk
- Xiaozhao Song (Swecy): ESA President's prize winner for her poster
- John Diaz-Montano: President's Prize Runner-Up for his poster.
- Congratulations to Brian Lazzaro for receiving the Provost's Award for Distinguished Scholarship
- Congratulations to Cole Gilbert who won the CircleLink Award from CALS for excellence in teaching, advising and student development.Recent Award Winners
- Congratulations to Jessica Walden who won the CALS Academic Excellence award for highest GPA in our Major.
- Congratulations to Jenna DiNicola who won the 2008-2009 Student Employee Recognition Award.
- Congratulations to Cristina Monk who was selected to received the 2009 Paul Schreurs Memorial Award in recognition of excellence in undergraduate research.