Skip to main content
Back to top
Student and Post Doc Awards:
- Silas Bossert has been awarded this year's Outstanding Teaching Award in Entomology. A golden apple was presented to Silas for his contributions to Insect Biology and Alien Empire.
- Isis Caetano has received a student travel award from the Society for Invertebrate Pathology, Nematode division.
- Heather Connelly received the Paul J. Chapman Graduate Student Fellowship in recognition of her many accomplishments. Heather also received the John Henry Comstock Award from the 2016 ESA Eastern Branch meeting in January. This May Heather was also awarded the George G Gyrisco Student Award in Entomology for applied research.
- Kyle DeMarr was awarded the CALS Academic Excellence for being an exemplary undergraduate student.
- Joanna Fisher received third place in the the Society-wide student paper competition at the Society for Invertebrate Pathology meeting in Vancouver. She is also the winner of this year's George S. Gyrisco Award for Applied Research which is given to students who have been outstanding in research and who are excellent Department citizens.
- Erin Krichilsky was awarded the Entomology undergraduate TA award this year. She was instrumental in the success of 4 open labs for Honey Bees and provided individual attention to students!
- Ashley Leach was recently awarded the 2015 Michigan Vegetable Council Industry Scholarship at the Great Lakes Fruit and Vegetable Expo as well as the winner of the Graduate Student Poster Contest at the 2016 Northeastern Plant, Pest and Soils Conference/ ESA Eastern Branch meeting. Ashley has also been awarded the Michael Villani Graduate Student Fellowship for the second year in a row.
- Dan Olmstead was awarded the Asa Fitch Memorial Graduate Student Award at the 2016 ESA Eastern Branch meeting.
- Rebecca Schmidt-Jeffris was awarded the John Henry Comstock graduate student award from the 2016 ESA Pacific Branch meeting.
- Michael Wolfin was awarded the Paul J. Chapman Graduate Student Fellowship for 2016-2017. The award is based on three broad criteria: 1) scientific quality of research, 2) publications and presentations, and 3) involvement in professional activities.
- Angela Douglas has received the 2015 ESA Recognition award in Insect Physiology, Biochemistry, & Toxicology which encourages outstanding extension, research, and teaching contributions in urban entomology.
- Greg Loeb was selected as the recipient of the Excellence in Integrated Pest Management Award at the 2016 ESA Eastern Branch meeting.
- Linda Rayor has been named this year’s recipient of the Entomology Society of America (Eastern Branch) Recognition Award in Teaching.
- John Sanderson recently won the NYS Excellence in IPM award which will be presented at the Floriculture Field Day here in Ithaca.
- Dave Soderlund has been recognized by ESA as a 2015 Fellow. He is recognized internationally as a leading authority on the toxicology and mode of action of insecticides affecting ion channels.