Senior Extension Associate
Grant is Director of the NYS Integrated Pest Management Program. The program minimizes environmental, health, and economic risks of pest management. Grant's specialty is low-impact pest management practices for turfgrass.
Grant researches low-impact pest management practices for turfgrass, and how IPM systems work on golf course, school grounds and home lawns.
Outreach and Extension Focus
Grant extends information on low-impact pest management practices for turfgrass, and how IPM systems work on golf courses, school grounds, parks and home lawns.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Accomplishments in Extension/Outreach Team Award (2017) Cornell College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Presentations and Activities
- Golf IPM in the Field. NYS Parks Golf Course IPM Training. 2017. NYS Office of Parks . multiple.
- Review if Insect Pests and Golf Course Pollinators. NYS Parks Golf Training. 2017. NYS Office of Parks . multiple.
- Turfgrass IPM. Cornell Applied Entomology Class, . October 2017. Cornell Univ. Ithaca, NY.
- NYSTA's Winning Fields Turf Conference. NYSTA's Winning Fields Turf Conference. October 2017. NYSTA. Delhi, NY.
- IPM in Sustainability. Cornell Sustainability class. September 2017. Cornell Univ. Ithaca, NY.
- Golf Course IPM. Cornell Field Course. June 2017. Cornell Univ.
- The NYS IPM Program. Cornell IPM Class: CSS/ENT 4440. April 2017. Cornell Univ. Ithaca, NY.
- The Environmental Impact Quotient (EIQ): Practical Applications for Turfgrass Management. LIGCSA conference. January 2017. Long Island Golf Course Superintendednts Associatio. Farmingdale, NY.
- IPM by the Book: A virtual tour of Cornell’s new turfgrass resources. NSLGA Conference. January 2017. Nassau Suffolk Landscape Gardeners. Hauppauge, NY.
- IPM and Sustainability. State Agency Sustainability Group Meeting. January 2017. State Agency Sustainability Group. Albany, NY.